Administrative Tools for Current Senior Project Students
- Before your trip: At least 1 week prior to traveling, you will need to:
- Turn in your completed (1A) Travel Authorization Form (Excel) and University Release Agreement to Meredith Rubin in 13-263.
- If you are driving a state or rental vehicle, you will need to complete:
- Rental cars are preferred for travel over 100 miles and approved for travel outside the local area (50+ mile round-trips). Please contact Meredith Rubin at email@example.com to arrange a rental car.
- After your trip: Complete the top portion (fields highlighted in blue) of your Travel Claim Form (Excel). Travel reimbursements are only approved for travel outside the local area (50+ mile round-trips). Please turn in your completed travel claim form, any applicable receipts, the name of your senior project and final amount of mileage to Meredith Rubin in 13-263.
- For more information about university travel policy and reimbursement rates, see University Travel Guidelines.
Ordering Project Supplies
- Effective Spring Quarter 2020 - All senior project ordering has been suspended until further notice. Contact your faculty advisor if you have an essential need for parts.
- Option 1: (Preferred Method) - Have the company or organization that is sponsoring your project purchase the supplies and materials you need for the project.
- Option 2: Procurement
- Complete a ProCard Purchase Request Form (PDF) to have the ME Department purchase your requested items with a department procurement card (ProCard). Include your project funding information, and have your senior project advisor sign the form to approve the order request. ALL Procured project supplies require advisor approval! Please see below ProCard restrictions.
- Schedule an appointment to use the ProCard with Meredith Rubin at 805-756-6368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring in your completed Purchase Request Form to your appointment. All procurement items will be delivered to the Mustang '60 Machine Shop in Bonderson Building, Room 114.
— The ProCard is NEVER to be used for Ebay.
— The ProCard can be used for single purchases between $100 - $3,500.
— Anything under $100 should be purchased with your own credit/debit card and submitted for reimbursement.
— Anything over $3,500 needs to be processed as a purchase order. Please work with Meredith Rubin (email@example.com) to do this.
- Option 3: Purchase your project supplies directly, either online or at a local vendor (such as Amazon.com or Home Depot), and request reimbursement. ALL Procured project supplies require advisor approval! See below for detailed reimbursement procedures.
All supply orders should be shipped to:
Mustang 60 Shop
1 Grand Ave.
Attn: (Name of student)
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Reimbursement Procedures for supply purchases
- Complete the Reimbursement Request form (PDF). Please include your Senior Project name, adviser, and funding information (if known). If you are being reimbursed by your senior project sponsor, please contact your sponsor directly.
- Attach itemized receipts/invoices.
Must include the following information:
— Vendor or payee name
— Amount paid, showing shipping (if applicable) and tax
— Proof of payment (cash, credit card, check) with Balance $0.00 or Paid in Full
— Description of the item(s) purchased
- If any of the above information is missing, please attach proof of payment reflecting the charge in the form of a bank/credit card statement (any personal information can be blacked out).
- Tape down all cash register receipts to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.
- If you are missing a receipt please fill out a Lost Receipt Form.
- Submit your reimbursement request and all required documentation to Meredith Rubin in 13-263.
Effective Spring Quarter 2020 - All senior project ordering has been suspended until further notice. Contact your faculty advisor if you have an essential need for parts.
For more information about ME senior project administrative procedures, please contact Meredith Rubin at
ph: 805-756-6368 or
Office: Bldg 13 Rm 263 10am-12pm, 1pm-4pm