Phone Number: 805-756-1376
At Cal Poly since 1983, professor of mechanical engineering. Saeed Niku has taught classes in robotics, statics, dynamics, vibrations, machine design, kinematics, philosophy of design, senior projects, undergraduate and graduate seminar and others. His research and development areas include robotics, vision systems, and mechanical design. He is the author of five published textbooks.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Davis, December 1982. Academic emphasis in design, bioengineering, automatic controls and mathematics.
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, June 1976. Academic emphasis in design and automatic controls.
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic University, February 1975.
- Professional Engineer (PE), State of California, 1984.
Areas of Focus
- Mechanical Engineering
- Designing for the disabled
Office Hours for Spring 2019
|Wednesday||11:10 AM-12:00 PM|