The objective of the Cal Poly HVAC&R Industry Advisory Board is to assist the Mechanical Engineering Department in maintaining the excellence of the HVAC&R program and to encourage it to continue it’s traditional “hands-on” approach to engineering education. The goals of the HVAC&R Industry Advisory Board are:
- To help keep the Mechanical Engineering Department up-to-date on current and future needs of engineering graduates planning to enter the HVAC&R industry;
- To assist the Mechanical Engineering Department in developing and implementing goals related to the HVAC&R curriculum, laboratories and student activities;
- To create an opportunity for faculty to exchange ideas with people in the HVAC&R industry;
- To help HVAC&R industry leaders better understand the goals of the Mechanical Engineering Department;
- To assist the Mechanical Engineering Department in seeking public and private support for the HVAC&R curriculum, laboratories and student activities.
Dear Fellow Supporters of Cal Poly HVAC&R,
Our endowment was created to specifically support the HVAC&R program at Cal Poly, which means that all proceeds can only be used for the betterment of the program and do not go into the general fund.
As most of you know, our program was suspended for over a decade from the late 80s through 2000. By building a strong endowment, we are making it possible to sustain the program for the long-haul. Your contributions will provide:
- Enhanced instructional activities and expansion of the program’s reach.
- Student field trips to visit job sites and meet with HVAC&R professionals – the students currently make two of these trips per year in Northern and Southern California.
- Student trips to the national ASHRAE convention.
- Funds to keep our new HVAC&R Laboratory functional and state-of-the-art.
- Equipment and supplies for the students to participate in Cal Poly’s Open House and showcase our industry.
The students and faculty at Cal Poly – along with all of us in the HVAC&R profession who benefit by the caliber of engineers that Cal Poly graduates – thank you for your generous support.
Joe Chin, Western Allied Mechanical, Current Co-Chair
Doug Scott, VaCom Technologies, Current Co-Chair
Steffen Peuker, Professor, HVAC&R Director
Jesse Maddren, Professor
Jennifer Mott, Professor
- January 2022, Date TBA / HVAC&R Career Fair
- May 14 2022 (tentative) / Spring Event 2022: Golf, Wine Tour, Mountain biking, and Mixer
San Francisco, CA 94101
DMG North Inc.
8231 Alpine Ave. Suite 7
Sacramento, Ca. 95826
ACCO Engineered Systems
265 McCormick Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Air Treatment Corp.
640 N. Puente Street
Brea, CA 92821
Air Treatment Corp.
214 Dupont Street
San Jose, CA 95126
3C Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 14823
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
PO Box 1569
Atascadero, CA 93423
Capital Engineering Consultants, Inc.
11020 Sun Center Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
1110 W. Taft Ave.
Orange, CA 92865
Siemens Building Technologies
25821 Industrial Blvd Ste 300
Hayward, CA 94070
33225 Western Avenue
Union City, CA 94587
The Trane Company
4145 Del Mar Avenue
Rocklin, CA 95677
Resource Compliance Inc.
P.O. Box 305
Dinuba, CA 93618